Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Debate Zingers

Polipundit has a post up inviting readers to contribute potential zingers to be used during the upcoming debates. Remember "Senator, I served with Jack Kennedy. I knew Jack Kennedy. Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. Senator, you’re no Jack Kennedy.”

Highlights:

My opponent’s habit of following the prevailing winds may work for windsurfing. But it is not a strategy for dealing with our enemies.

Senator Kerry, I’ve faced undecided voters before. But until this moment I’ve never met an undecided candidate.

No, not “Are you sure?” The correct zinger response to anything Kerry says is, “Is that your final answer?” (ala Who Wants to be a Millionaire)...Expanding on the “Is that your final answer” add, “or would you like to poll the audience?”

“I could respond to that comment, but I think I’ll wait a few minutes. By that time I’m sure Senator Kerry will have changed his position again.”

Senator I know you say you can win friends and influence people better than me, but I don’t even see Tom Dashle using YOUR picture!

“I’d like to hear Mr. Kerry explain how he’s going to get France to send troops to Iraq when he keeps telling everybody we shouldn’t be there ourselves. How do you say, “Join us in the wrong war, in the wrong place, at the wrong time” in French?


Do you get the impression that Bush honestly believes that he is running again to protect our nation from terrorism, and that Kerry is running for himself, just to get elected? I get that impression.

[aside]OK. I just saw a clip of Kerry from a week ago. He is surely more tan today that he was a week ago. No biggie. But it is a George Hamilton kind of tan. looks overdone. hmmm