10 Prophetic Justice Principles
Democratic National Convention speaker Rev. James A. Forbes Jr. is touring churches touting his prophetic justice principles as a guide for Christians, to help them decide for whom to vote in November. Forbes' website says they are non-partisan and non-political; but, they are brought in to counter the Christian right and their website says they advocate progressive programs and policies (progressive being the new hip word for 'liberal').
Here are the 10 Prophetic Justice Principles intended to convince you to vote Democrat, along with my off the cuff comments:
1. Seek the Common Good--This sounds good but it is just the reasoning of man making decisions from the wrong tree, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. We are to partake of the tree of life. Jesus: "Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God." (Mt 19:17)
2. Be truthful in facts and motives--ok, no problem.
3. Promote unity and inclusion--including reducing the polarization and fragmentation of the society due to...sexual orientation. Inclusion and unity at the expense of truth is of the devil. Jesus: "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." (Mt 10:34)
4. Care for the poor--Not governments job. The church doesn't fully do it's job in this arena, because they rely on government to do it for them, missing the blessing.
5. Protect the Vulnerable--This should read protect the American people. Phrased 'protect the vulnerable' it is liberal victimology. Be not a respector of persons...an action that's good for one is good for all the rest.
6. Guard the Freedom of Thought and Discussion--ok, as long as this thought includes biblical thought, which liberals like to call 'hate speech.'
7. Respect Other Nations and Peoples--Respect is nice, as long as we don't go for a world government, Tower of Babel kind of thing.
8. Ensure Stewardship of Creation--sounds ok. Probably means kowtowing to the environmentalists who value the animal over the human being.
9. Cherish the Human Family--Abortion? How does abortion cherish the human family?
10. Provide Moral Leadership--How does the normalization of all things homosexual provide moral leadership?
Vote Democrat? On #'s 9+10 alone, I cannot.