Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Blog Explosion

I suppose it's about time I make the obligatory blog explosion post. Blog explosion is a tool to bring traffic to your blog, a traffic exchange. The concept is pretty simple. It is a community of about 4000 blogs (4000 so far, membership has increase by at least 1000 since I joined two weeks ago) , and every time you visit two blogs within the community, it assures you of having one visitor from the community to your own blog.

If you have a small to medium sized blog, and you like reading blogs, it is a pretty good thing. It seems half of my time on the internet is spent reading other blogs anyway, so for me to belong is a natural thing. And your own blog traffic increases proportionally to the time you spend surfing thru blog explosion.

It is free to join. So far I have received no spam as a result of joining. I have had about 500 extra visitors to this blog (WooHoo, mystery credits)(sometimes you get 5-10-50-100 mystery credits just for surfing on blog explosion. Each credit gives you one visitor back to your blog). And I have found a few interesting people in the blogosphere that I never would have found otherwise. (Also, speaking as a right wing, ex-gay Christian, I find that you have outside-the-box visitors that you would not normally get, and they can stretch you with the comments they leave)

You have the option to rate other blogs that you come across on a 1-10 scale. Personally, I have decided to only rate blogs I like with an 8, 9, or 10. Blogs I don't like or don't reach an 8 on my scale, I just don't rate. There is a comment section independent of the normal comment sections on blogs you surf. I don't see any merit in that, but we shall see.

So, welcome BE visitors. I think it was my turn today to make this kind of post, so you can leave your likes and dislikes about BE, of just say Hi here in the comments section, and then tomorrow it'll be someone elses turn. :-) And all you other folks with a blog, go join. It's quick and painless, and you can always unjoin if you like. At the least, your blog will be in a searchable directory where more people can find you. And who knows, maybe you'll find you like it.